What is our workers’ premium fund?

 

We want to ensure enjoying Fair Franks benefit both you and the makers of your shoes. For every pair of FAIR FRANKs sold, 5€ is put in a workers’ premium fund for the benefit of the artisans making your shoes. The aim of this fund is to improve their and their families’ livelihoods, and the communities in which they live.

The fund is distributed through bi-annual meetings with the employees at the factory. The first such meeting took place in March 2018, you can read more about that here! 60% of the fund, the majority share, is equally distributed to all employees on top of their regular salary. The other 40% of the fund is allocated to chosen development projects benefiting their communities. The projects will be chosen jointly by FAIR FRANK and our partner Hafde. Update 26 April 2019: We are proud to announce that we have partnered with the charity organization Reach for Change Ethiopia for the outstanding 40% of the fund. Reach for Change support female social entrepreneurs in Ethiopia in building and financing their businesses to create long-lasting change in their communities, in particular for children and youth. We introduced the organization together with more details what we have contributed in our blog post. Thank you for supporting us and making an impact in the communities where your shoes are made! 

You can track updates on how the artisans and their families have benefited from the fund by tracing your Franks. There you can also read the stories of the people making your shoes.

What is our workers’ premium fund?

 

We want to ensure enjoying Fair Franks benefit both you and the makers of your shoes. For every pair of FAIR FRANKs sold, 5€ is put in a workers’ premium fund for the benefit of the artisans making your shoes. The aim of this fund is to improve their and their families’ livelihoods, and the communities in which they live.

The fund is distributed through bi-annual meetings with the employees at the factory. The first such meeting took place in March 2018, you can read more about that here! 60% of the fund, the majority share, is equally distributed to all employees on top of their regular salary. The other 40% of the fund is allocated to chosen development projects benefiting their communities. The projects will be chosen jointly by FAIR FRANK and our partner Hafde. Update 26 April 2019: We are proud to announce that we have partnered with the charity organization Reach for Change Ethiopia for the outstanding 40% of the fund. Reach for Change support female social entrepreneurs in Ethiopia in building and financing their businesses to create long-lasting change in their communities, in particular for children and youth. We introduced the organization together with more details what we have contributed in our blog post. Thank you for supporting us and making an impact in the communities where your shoes are made! 

You can track updates on how the artisans and their families have benefited from the fund by tracing your Franks. There you can also read the stories of the people making your shoes.